3rd Annual Dam Darkness
- Hits: 1220
Welcome to the 3rd Annual Dam Darkness Trail Challenge!
OCTOBER 12, 2013 @ 7PM
The Dam Darkness is a night race held on the trails at the Curwensville Lake Recreation Area, the challenge will be running these trails in the dark! Our course is approximately 7 miles long and marked with glow sticks and reflective materials. Participants must provide their own illumination.
Come enjoy the challenge of "nighttime" trail running, it will be a hoot of a good time!!
The trails that will be used for this race are the more established trails at the lake, the more remote trails used for the Dam Scramble that have the steeper drop-offs by the lake will not be included in this course! Please see the map below:
Race Day Details
- The start/finish line and all race activities will be at Pavilion #2
- Race will start at approximately 7PM, once it’s dark enough
- Packet pickup will start at 5:30 with a mandatory pre-race meeting at the start line at 6:50PM
- Course will be marked with glow sticks and reflective materials on the RIGHT side of the trail
- Participants must bring their own form of illumination (headlamps/flashlights)
- There will be one aid station at approximately mile 3.5
- Several volunteers will be on the course pointing runners in the right direction
- Following the race warm apple cider and muffins will be served to attendees
- Since it will be dark, remember to drive slowly when coming into the lake!
Camping is available at the lake for tents and campers. Please visit Curwensville Lake for more information or call 1-800-326-9051 for fees and reservations.
Boating & Fishing access are also available at the Lake. There are no horsepower restrictions so bring your boat and your fishing gear and take to the water via the marina. There are also plenty of areas to fish from the shore, as well as, a handicapped accessible fishing area near the marina.
Swimming is available at the beach area near Pavilion #5; however, no life guard will be on duty so it is swim at your own risk. Bring your suit and relax on the beach or jump in after the race to cool off!
Come and enjoy all that Curwensville Lake has to offer. There are plenty of activities that will allow you to make a fun-filled weekend out of it!
How to Register:
**Download Individual Registration and Waiver Form to print and mail to us**
Included with your registration:
- Event shirt & goody bag
- Finisher's gift
- Chip timing by PA Runners
- Snacks after the run
- Admission to the Curwensville Lake Recreation Area
- On-Course Support
- One drink station
- Emergency volunteers present
Thank you to all of our sponsors and supporters!
Lake Street United Methodist Church
**The results for the 2012 Dam Darkness are in!**